Jack Halford - Resume 🚶
Algolia.com, Paris - site reliability
- Level 1 on-call rotation for worldwide SaaS search engine deployment
- Helped scaling the baremetal infrastrucure from 1 to 10 thousand servers
- Maintenance of EC2/k8s deployments: logs, metrics, configuration management, etc.
- Evaluating and benchmarking new hardware setups, disks, CPUs, datacenters
Gandi.net, Paris - systems developer
- Internship in the hosting squad, managing IaaS (xen) and PaaS (lxc, cgroup) products alongside large scale storage infrastructure (zfs, nfs, iscsi) over 4 data centers
- Design and implementation FreeBSD syscalls: per-thread credential management and VFS syscalls for a userspace fileserver (nfs-ganesha)
- Implemention of parallel filesystem mounting in ZFS to shorten boot time
- Setup and maintenance of a FreeBSD CI platform for the nfs-ganesha project (the existing CIsmaintained by CEA and Redhat were linux based)
Tempow, Paris - software engineering
- Development of a custom bluetooth stack for connecting and synchronizing multiple speakerstogether. Integration of the modified stack in android at the OS level
- Ported the android bluetooth stack to arm for benchmarking on raspberry pi
- Succesfully helped pitching the product at CES Asia (Shanghai - mai 2017) and MWCA (SanFrancisco - sep 2017)
Programming school - 42 Paris
- Learn C by rewriting unix tools: libc, bash, malloc, printf, strace, etc...
- Learn networking by rewriting tools: ping, nmap, traceroute, ftp, etc...
- Mostly C, but also bash, awk, sed, rust, zig
Bachelor, physics - ENS Cachan
- Theory: quantum mechanics, special relativity, statistical physics.
- Experimental: optics, analog electronics, lasers.
- Mathematics: complex analysis, Hilbert algebra, measure theory.
- Computational: fortan, python, gnuplot
- Extra-curricular: the "CRANS" is an ISP for the campus managing 200+ wifi points, switches in a dozen buildings and ethernet ports in all student dorms.
Classe Préparatoire PTSI/PT, Lycée Turgot - Limoges
- Full undegraduate course in maths, physics
- Mechanical & Electrical engineering, Automatic control theory